Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bring on the Fourth!

TWO posts in ONE day--it's just too crazy!

Summer is here and for me, that means more time to craft!! LA takes a nice afternoon nap and I hope to get in several of those "when I have time to craft" projects done. Today's project was a dress for the Fourth of July.

It all started when I saw this dress at Janie and Jack and fell in love...but not in love with the $54.00 $42.99 (its on sale) price tag.

I loved the madras and actually contemplated how hard it would be to make my own madras fabric. Then reality set in--I was never going to devote that much time for a "fun" dress. I was shopping at Joanns and found a very similar (albeit larger block) fabric! I snatched up a yard and some ribbon and in less than an hour, I made this pillowcase dress.

It lacks a few of the same details as the original, but for a mere fraction of the price, I am pleased (plus, it was fun to make).

My model was less than cooperative for this photo I must say.

I also ordered some ADORABLE embroidered bloomers from Judy Bag Company on Etsy. They turned out so cute and will look great with the dress. I think I am going to shorten the length of the dress a little so that the adorable bloomers show (and to make crawling a bit easier).

Bring on the fireworks...we are ready!

I am participating in:

No comments:

Post a Comment