Sunday, July 25, 2010

So, I lied...

Liar, liar, pants on fire--that's me! Less than 2 weeks ago, I publicly announced that had made the last summer outfitfor LA. Well...I LIED! I "found" some fabric I forgot I had, and it seemed like such a waste to let it sit there in the drawer all lonely and unused. Plus, it has been so stinkin' hot here lately, that I realized that LA NEEDED another shirred romper. Really, she NEEDED it. What did you want me to do? Let my child suffer? I have no idea when or why I bought this fabric, but apparently I bought 2 yards of it, so you will see it again at some point. I even found some fabric that coordinates with it in my stash. I should "shop" my own fabric more often :)

My romper was originally inspired by Made by Rae's Baby Sunsuit. As with the cherry romper, this I changed the bottom completely so that it would fit Lily better (since Rae's does not fit my long skinny kid). My husband requested a snap closure on this outfit instead of buttons. Since I have gotten over my fear of snaps, it was a "snap" to oblige! I tried out a new technique for using ribbon to turn the straps that I learned on another blog. It worked out great and allowed me to have skinny little straps!
I'm not even going to pretend that I am done with the summer sewing--but I can justify it now. It DOES stay pretty warm here for a few more months! Oh, don't worry, I have already started buying fabrics and patterns for fall!!

(Just a little puppy love! )

No comments:

Post a Comment