Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pillowcase Bubble Romper

Last night I made this pillowcase bubble romper for LA. Super easy and so cute!! The top part is made in a traditional pillowcase dress style. Instead of two separate ribbons that tie on each shoulder, I sewed a length of fabric and thread it through the front and the back so that it only ties on one shoulder. I made the bottom part just like I did for the cherry bubble (this time using snaps). I want you to "ohh and ahhh" over the bias tape I made BY HAND. I don't even have one of those little bias tape tools. Just me and my iron (let's just say it is "hot" business). Now I am lusting after one of these: Maybe Santa will bring one :) Check out Prudent Baby's demonstration and you will see why I am in love *swoon*


And of course, no outfit would be complete without a matching bow! I am laughing at the face LA is making in this picture. It reminds me of the fake smiles that my Kindergartners always give on picture day. Guess they learn the "art" early!
ETA (7/14/10): I made another "bow" for this outfit. I don't know why I didn't think to make a yoyo clip before! It is PERFECT for this romper!



No comments:

Post a Comment