Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dramatic Reinactment

Me in the store:

"Simplicity patterns for 99 cents! Let me see what I can find!"

Thumb through the catalog. Find this pattern}




"Hmmm...this is cute, but I really only like the shirt."
{mentally debate if I really NEED this pattern or not}
"Aw shucks. It's only a buck. I'll buy it and whip it up for my sweet LA."
{skip to the checkout at Hobby Lobby--ok, I really didn't skip}
{arrive home}

Fast forward several days
{remove pattern from packaging and debate what size to make it. Decide to go with smaller size based on weight recommendations--thank goodness I did}
{trace and cut out pattern pieces}
{begin sewing}

"@&^%&!!"
{continue sewing}
"*&&*&^%# #$#$^&@@!!"
{for some reason, continue sewing}
{give up for the evening and contemplate just trashing the entire thing}

Next morning:
{insanely decide to persevere}
"*&&*&^%# #$#$^&@@!!"
{Finally finish}

And scene.


Sooo...can you tell how much I "enjoyed" this pattern? Let's just say, if I were to ever make it again, there are so many things I would change! I did make a few modifications on this one as it is, but there are even more I would do next time.

Had it not been past 9 pm when I started sewing, I might have thought through the pattern better and foreseen some of the "bad planning" that Simplicity made. Oh well. In the end, it actually turned out pretty cute!


I made some capris to go with it. I did not use the pattern from the package. Instead, I used a pattern that I drafted from a pair of pants that actually fit LA. They are a little wide for capris, but since it is not a knit fabric, she needed the extra room for moving around.

Baxter is my quality control man.

No comments:

Post a Comment