Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Last Summer Outfit

Making clothes for LA has become my latest "addiction." It is so fun, quick and satisfying (not to mention, I can make clothes that actually FIT my lean little girl). But, all good things must come to an end. After all, she REALLY does not need any more summer clothes! Oh, but don't think I am giving up sewing clothes cold-turkey. Nope. Now I am shifting my focus to finding patterns, tutorials and fabric for FALL clothes!!! Imagine, pants that fit in the length AND waist!!!

Remember this little project and the fabric I fell in love with?

I had some left over--just enough for Prudent Baby's Toddler Snap Top!

The top was pretty easy to make and I did not have to make any modifications for it to fit LA (BONUS!). I used pearlized snaps for the first time (easy peasy) and made just a couple of topstitching modifications in the armholes to make them lay better.

The pants I made using a pair that Lily has. I am not loving them, but they fit ok. Pants are not the easiest and I think I need more practice before I tackle full length pants.

(I love this picture..she dropped the star and couldn't figure out for a minute where it went!)

And, as always, no outfit is complete without a hair bow (not to mention that LA's bangs are getting so long they need to be pulled back). I made two different flower clips. For the rose, I just took a length of fabric folded in half and rolled, squished, sewed, squished, rolled until it looked sortof like a flower :) I am sure you can find a tutorial out there if you are really interested in making one.

For this next one, I used A Little of This and That's fabric flower tutorial.

Speaking of bows, I also made a different one to go with the yellow pillowcase bubble romper. I don't know why I didn't think to make a yo-yo clip before! It is perfect for this outfit!!

Ok, now I seriously have to stop sewing summer clothes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment