Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lily's Handmade Nursery



I call Lily Anne's Nursery her "handmade nursery" because so much of it was made by me, someone in my family or friends.

Just a quick rundown (pictures at end of post):

Painting Projects

  • My husband painted the room (Behr's Pixie Wing) and I painted the tree and bird. Several people have asked how I did it. There are certainly better ways, but I used what I had on hand...a roll of packing paper, a pencil and some painters tape. I simply drew the outline of the tree out on packing paper, cut it out, traced it and painted with acrylic paint. I freehanded the bird.
  • My husband also refinished the armoire and dresser (in closet) as they had been "much loved" during my childhood.
  • The artwork above the armoire is a combination of acrylic paint and decoupage using scrapbook paper.
  • Bookbox
  • Name plaque for door

Sewing Projects

  • Bedding: I did not use a pattern for the crib skirt--I just measured it out based on my crib dimensions. For the bumper, I modified the instructions that came with the bumper pads.
  • Drapes
  • Dog pillow
  • Bird mobile

"Construction" Projects

  • My dad built the armoire when I was little
  • Coming soon--a handmade shelf (by my dad) for nicknacks.



Even Baxter has his own special spot in the room!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment