I hope you noticed the part where she rips into Clarence Thomas. If not, here is the essence of it:
...she goes on to accuse Clarence Thomas of "Stockholm Syndrome" because he is married to a white woman who is involved with the Tea Party movement and she questions why Clarence Thomas isn't insulted by her activities with this inherently racist group. You know, because Thomas, a black man, is supposed to think a certain way because he is a black man.I fully expected her to use the Uncle you know who at some stage. Hideously stupid and self-important creature is our Janean, isn't she?
Now, please explain to us how that isn't racism?
The second episode doesn't require any explanation:
I remember times when Bill Maher was funny (ain't I ancient?) These days, in fact quite some time ago, he turned into some shriveled, creepy and poisonous parody of himself. What he considers a joke now could be found on the walls of public restrooms, where janitors are too squeamish even to erase some especially virulent texts.
Anyway, these are two (or two and a half, Olbermann included) shining examples of what is called "liberal" nowadays. I have always cringed at the liberal use of the term "liberal" by my right-wing friends. Most of the Americans today either forgot the true definition of the word or, in fact, adopted the wrong meaning from day one, without consulting a dictionary.
To use an example, Janeane Garofalo and Bill Maher are to liberal thought what Benito Mussolini was to communism. More or less. If these two are liberals, consider me a staunch Republican. Where do I sign up for a membership card?
No comments:
Post a Comment