Sunday, February 20, 2011

Elmo and Polka Dot Birthday!

Happy Second Birthday Lily Anne!

Ok, so seriously, how on earth did she get to be 2 years old already???

We decided to go with an Elmo theme since Elmo is her favorite dude around (although Barney is creeping up in the ranks). I made her this adorable little top/pants set to go with the party theme.


For the top, I used New Look 6796 view B for with a few modifications. What I love about this pattern is that you can make all of the seams hidden so that it creates a very nice inside finish. A new sewing friend of mine generously did the Elmo applique and made the korker hair bow. The pants are the same homemade pattern I have used so many times before (here, here, here, and here).

Luckily, I planned ahead so that this outfit could be worn as a pant set or alone as a dress. Good thing because the temperature on her party day was in the mid 70's--in FEBRUARY!!). Needless to say, we nixed the pants!


A cute little Elmo banner and red/white polka dotted gift wrap added to the fun!

I made some Elmo cupcakes for her classmates.

I think it is quite obvious that I am NOT a cake decorator!!

Hooray for Birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment