Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time to Trim the Tree!

One of the craft boards that I frequent decided to do a handmade ornament exchange this year. There are some amazingly talented women who I would be thrilled to receive an ornament from so deciding to join in on the exchange was a no brainer! The most challenging part was deciding on what type of ornament to make.

My recipient was open to "anything" so it was left to me to narrow it down. When making small projects, I tend to like to try new techniques.

So for this ornament, I decided to make a little felt dove embellished with some very "rustic" embroidery. You see...I know NOTHING about hand embroidery, so I am sure there are many skilled women out there cringing at my technique. I totally snagged idea this from an image I saw on flickr (which, bad me, I cannot find to save my life now). ETA: I found it! I think it turned out pretty cute. Hopefully its recipient will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment