Sunday, November 21, 2010

Santa's Little Helper

I was commissioned by the big man himself to help work on a special Christmas gift for Lily Anne this year. You know, the guy has a very busy schedule and it is only natural that he would need to use the EXPERTISE of someone like myself to help him finish all of his projects on time. I will say though...his long list of requested handmade wares is a bit daunting :)

Santa found this adorable little memory/matching game while surfing the internet on his time off. Nanann at Nanann's Woogies made the cutest Brown Bear game that I--I mean SANTA--just knew that LA would love! If you check out her site (which you really should because she makes some of the most adorable stuff and her quilts are to die for), she shares that her idea was based off this tutorial. I agreed with Nanann that the edges would NEVER last with an active and inquisitive toddler. So, I followed her advice and satin stitched around the edges. Holy Guacamole, that takes up a boat-load of thread! But, it definitely made for a much nicer finished product!

Hopefully Santa will approve of the workmanship. Of course he will end getting ALL THE CREDIT for this present. Funny how that happens eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment