Thursday, August 11, 2011

Household Art




Finally getting some of the art back on the walls.
The photo--click to really emBIGGERate--is of a window shade that I found at a winery in Amador County, California. The desk is Carlos' , from eons past, while the Bible is mine--yes, mine--and is an old family Bible. The statue on the right is called Twisted Kitty, and is made of wrought iron. i found her in a furniture store in the Mission District of San Francisco.




This is one of the many pieces of Asian-inspired art we have in the house; there's something about these things that Carlos and I both love. It sits high on the wall in the sunroom, and you can only see it when you enter the room, so it's kind of a pleasant surprise.




My mother used to do something called Tole painting, which is a type of folk art. She learned to do this from her sister, and my mom spent years painting anything and everything. This is one of the few wall-art pieces of hers that I have and it sits in the kitchen where I can see it, and smile, every day.




And, of course, this is an example of living art. The most beautiful cat in the world, Tuxedo.

No comments:

Post a Comment