Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Outfit #3: The "Serger" Skirt

This skirt was fun to make because it started out as this charm pack of 5" squares
and turned into this
A serger made this quick work (I would never try this without a serger--too much work).



Since LA is a small 2 year old, I cut down the squares to 4" prior to sewing so that I would be able to showcase more patterns on her small frame.



After serging each row, I topstitched along the seam to add that "extra" touch that helps take it from "home"made to "hand"made.


I embellished a cheap from Walmart with a yo-yo flower and a little hand embroidery to make the outfit complete.


All that is needed is a cute pair of bloomers to hide the diaper and this outfit is done! I just need to decide if I want to go with a cute embroidered bloomer or make one to match the skirt. Decisions, decisions!


This post was updated on 6/17/11 with more photos and Crafterhours Skirt Week button.


crafterhours

No comments:

Post a Comment