LA took a nice long nap today so I was able to make this adorable little top for her since it works up pretty quickly.

I followed the Leah Tunic tutorial from
Craftiness is Not Optional. It worked out really well. The only thing I would change is how I drafted the cap sleeve. I don't love the way they lay on LA, but I know how I can alter that if I make it again (which is very likely since it is really an easy pattern).

LA hasn't quite figured out the novelty of pockets yet. I put her hands in them and she would giggle and pull the top over her face. One day she'll realize how fun it is to put thing in them!

I used three fun toys for this outfit: my sewing machine, serger and bias tape maker (but you could easily do it with just a sewing machine). The pants are from yesterday's outfit (love those "mix and match" outfits). I used the same fabric for the bias tape and had a fun sparkly black button to finish it off.

Now, what can I sew up tonight???
No comments:
Post a Comment