Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring is Here!

Sorry it has been a bit quiet on the blog lately. I have really not had a lot of time to craft and sew lately. I have been busy these past few days as I try to whip out some outfits for LA to wear this spring and summer. This is such a fun time for sewing since spring/summer clothes are so adorable and easy to make!
This first outfit gave me more trouble than it should have but mostly because I was sewing late at night (without a pattern) and I tried to make the ruffle around the neckline much more complicated than it needed to be.
Thank goodness for my trusty old seamripper and a good night's sleep. I was able to think more rationally and put the ruffle on quick as a wink! Moral of the story...never sew while tired!
The shorts are shaped from the same pants pattern I always use. I made them a little skinnier to accommodate the skinny little legs of LA. To add a little interest, I added a slit along the side of each hem. This is the first garment I made using my serger. It would make the process much faster if I was actually proficient in using it...alas, that also takes time and practice. Anyone know where I can order up some more time?

No comments:

Post a Comment