
The pattern was very easy to follow and assemble. It is constructed like a sleeveless peasant top with the addition of a collar.

As is typical for me, I did make a few changes to make the end product a little more aesthetically pleasing :) Since the pattern only had a 1/4" seam allowance throughout, I added 1/4" to the side seams prior to cutting so that I could do french seams. I also did a bias tape finish on the armsythes. I find that it lays better and creates a nicer finish than just folding over twice.
The only issue I really had with the pattern was that it does not offer a length for the elastic that cinches the neckline. It only suggests that you measure it for comfort to the child. This is all well and good, if you have the child nearby (which of course, I did not).
Overall, the top is easy to make and is MUCH cuter when it is actually on the child (I am curious how she likes the ruffle around the neck...you know those 5 year-olds can be persnickety!).
No comments:
Post a Comment