About three weeks ago I was bombarded by "Silhouette Giveaway" posts in my Google Reader (yes, my preferred way to keep up with my favorite blogs). Some of you might be asking...why is she mentioning silhouettes? Well girlies, it isn't your mama's silhouette...
I'm talking about THIS kind of Silhouette...
It is a personal cutting machine, similar to the Cricut (which we discussed a few posts ago). This particular machine does not require cartridges, but hooks directly to your computer.Ok, so I entered about 10 of these contests (as I have many times before). I only enter each one once...I don't do the multiple "tweet about it," "follow my sister's cousin's blog," "facebook us" options. Instead, I post my comment and figure that I'll see a few days later that someone won. After all, HUNDREDS of people enter the contests on each of these blogs.
Imagine my SHOCK and SURPRISE when I open my email to discover that....
I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kid you not! It took a few minutes for it to sink in and then I squealed and shared my excitement with my husband who did NOT understand enormity of it all. Oh, he was sweet about it, but he didn't really get it.
Boys, sigh...
But you my dear readers, you get it!
It arrived today. I think angels might have sung out a small chorus as I opened the box. No, seriously..I heard them.
Thank you so much to Gail at My Repurposed Life for the awesome prize! If you haven't seen this blog, Gail has some really great ideas! You can even see the post where she announced little old me as the winner!!
I cannot wait to try out my new toy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment