Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simple Shell Ruffle Socks

It has been a while since I posted last. School started in early August and the beginning of a new year is always exhausting! I have found some time to craft in recent weeks and have finished a couple of projects (but you will have to wait a little bit to see them since one is a gift and then, of course, it was so cute I "had" to make one for LA!).

I am also trying my hand at knitting. I am not so sure I am cut out to be a knitter. The first project is still on the needles so the jury is still out.

Since the knitting is taking much longer than my attention span likes, I needed a quick "instant gratification" project. LA needed some new socks, so what a better project. NO, I did not make her socks (even I am not that crazy), but I did embelish some! I love ruffles and they are so easy to add to basic socks.

Simple Shell Ruffle
The "How Tos"
  • Single fold-over socks. I got a 6 pack at Target for less than $4.00.
  • Cotton crochet thread (I think this is probaly #10, but it came from my stash so I am not really sure)
  • #6 (1.8mm) Crochet hook
  • #7 (1.5mm) Crochet hook

Turn sock inside out (remember, when you fold over the sock, the inside becomes the outside)
With size 6 hook, sc along edge of sock. Join with slip stich to beginning sc. You want an even number of stitches.
Switch to size 7 hook, ch 3, 4 dc in same stitch. sc. *5 dc in next stitch, sc* Repeat directions between * around sock.
Join at top of first 3 chain.

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment