Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Craft Hope Project 3 (Edited with Pictures and Patterns)

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

Craft Hope has announced it's third project and this time they are collecting handmade baby blankets, beanies, and booties. Visit the Craft Hope Website for more information and learn how you can participate.

I haven't crocheted in a while, so I thought it would be fun to get out the hooks and dig through my stash of yarn to make a few booties and beanies (no blankets...Lily won't sleep long enough for a project that big!). Beanies and booties are quick "naptime" projects and it is nice to finish a project in one day!

Light Green Set

I liked the hat pattern. It was very easy and very fast. Maybe a bit bigger than a newborn and definitely a "warm" hat. The booties were also very easy and fast. Both patterns used worsted weight yarn.

Click for the free patterns: Ribbed Hat, 10 Step Booties



Multi-Colored Set
Not a huge fan of the hat. It was easy, but somewhat boring to make and the end result is not as cute as I had hoped. The booties are very cute. A little more complicated and definitely not a super-quick project, but they did present some interesting stitches. These projects called for sport weight yarn.

Click for the free patterns: Puff Stitch Hat, Granny Square Booties


Green Multi-Colored Set

Maybe hats are not my thing...I find them a bit boring. This one is VERY easy and you don't have to pay too much attention to the pattern. I modified the edging (used a shell edge instead). The booties were quick and easy! I will definitely make these again (and I might play around with edges).

Click for the free patterns: SLK Baby Hat, SLK Baby Booties



Purple Shells Set
Interesting hat...I had to look up how to do a reverse single crochet. I have never used it in a pattern before. This had a lot of different stitches and required a bit more concentration, but it was still VERY easy! The booties are a little small I think, but they too were very easy. I used the reverse single crochet on the edge to match the hat.

Click for the free patterns: Forget-Me-Not Hat, Hodgepodge Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment