While journeying through the blog-o-sphere, I happened upon this video posted by the Darlingly-Delicious-Diva-Dominatrix-Dustbunny-Dame-David-Dust [honey, it's all about alliteration, you know] and it reminded me of someone.
Me.
True story. Sadly true.
When we lived in Miami, we lived in gated community, and it was peaceful and quiet, not a lot of traffic. One day, I was out walking the pooch, Dengoso, on his thrice-daily constitutional, and after the 'bidness' had been done, we started the short walk home.
I began to cross the small lane toward our yard and saw a car coming. But it was safe because most cars drove very slowly in our little corner of Miami, so I soldiered on.
But, in the middle of the street, I stepped on a rock; well, a pebble, really, roughly the size of a kernel of corn and BAM down I went. Not just a stumble, mind you, but a full-fledged fall to the ground, flat on my face, let go of the leash, kinda thing.
And, as I looked up from my patch of pavement, picking gravel from my cheek, I saw Dengoso, siting patiently on the lawn, laughing at me, as smart-alecky poodles are apt to do.
I also saw our neighbors from across the street, in their yard, as they were never apt to do, and the car that was coming down the street toward me, had stopped just a few feet from my head. There were neighbors peeking over fences and at least three other cars, all at a standstill because a Gay Had Gone Down.....and not in a good way, you know.
Our quite little suburb, and when I take a tumble suddenly it's Grand Comedy Central.
Oy. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? I dunno, but if I take a tumble, the whole world is watching.
That video is so me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment