Friday, May 13, 2011

KCWC Days 1-3: O+S Seashore Sundress #2

**Note, this post was originally posted on 5/12/11, but "disappeared" when Blogger had their issues.**




The first project I tackled for KCWC was another Oliver+S Seashore Sundress. I told you I love this pattern! I had some fabric in my stash that I bought last year without a plan and decided that it would make for a cute dress and, because of the nature of the fabric, create a TOTALLY different look. The fabric is Eden by Lila Tueller for Moda.

I decided to modify the pattern a little this time. I used a combination of two fabrics to create a "racing stripe" effect. To help enhance the princess seams and to set off the pockts, I added a small bit of pink piping.

Because I used two different fabrics for the body, I decided that it would be best to continue the look on the backside. In order to do this, I had to make a minor modification to the pattern. Instead of one long skirt piece running along the back of the dress, I needed to divide it into three pieces. This was an easy modification (just don't forget to add in your seam allowances).

I also experimented with making the pockets just a bit bigger. The original pockets are very small. Not a huge alteration and super easy to do.

Ironically, I struggled with button choice more than anything else! I debated between three different styles before I settled on these (or I should say, my HUSBAND decided since he was not a fan of the other two).

Yep, still loving this pattern! I made matching bloomers from the white floral print and am seriously considering making a sunhat to complete the ensemble!

No comments:

Post a Comment