Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Project with My Silhouette

I know there are some of you out there who cannot believe I have had my Silhouette so long and this is my first project using it. But really, I just haven't had time to sit down with it and play (been too busy sewing I guess).

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and we wanted to include LA's daycare owner, director and assistant director in the "appreciation." As a small token of our gratitude for their love and kindness towards LA, I made these little candles.


It couldn't have been easier and it was sooo inexpensive! I picked up the jar candles from Walmart (they really smell nice and burn much better than expected). The labels peel off so easily too! Can you believe they are only $1 each!?

I selected some fonts and flourishes (all free since the Silhouette will cut any font you have on your computer) and the machine did all the cutting! I used the "frosted glass" vinyl that came with my prize. It is really more of a metallic silver color and it worked great for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment